How It All Started | Flight Fillow - Reinventing the Neck Pillow
- Flight Fillow was invented when I was going on a trip to NYC for the weekend and was experiencing the common frustration of not wanting to pack a bulky neck pillow for such a short flight but still wanting the neck support.
- Ultimately, I ended up deciding to pack lightly and did not bring the neck pillow. However, it didn't take long after arriving to my gate that I had regrets. Walking through the airport I kept thinking about buying a new Neck Pillow to use on the plane but couldn’t justify paying $25-$50 for a neck pillow when I already had one. Plus, it is just another thing to carry around and for such a short flight, it wasn’t worth it.
- Fast forward to the flight – I am trying to take a nap on the plane but really wishing I had the neck support. In desperation, I take my sweater and crumble it up to put behind my neck. It helps, but not quite right. I play around with it a bit and find if I rolled it a certain way, it works just like a neck pillow!
- The only downside was that if I moved the slightest bit, the sweater would unroll and not be in the perfect form it was before to provide the neck support I was looking for. I thought to myself “if only I had a sleeve of some sort to keep it rolled in this position” and that is where the idea for the Flight Fillow began!
- Flight Fillows give you all the benefits of a neck pillow without any of the hassle. It fits in your pocket, easy to wash, a fraction of the price of your typical neck pillow, and you get to use your favorite sweater!
- Flight Fillow is patent pending and changing the way people travel
- The mission of Flight Fillow is to promote travel and make it more convenient.
- Moreover, as the Founder of Flight Fillow my personal mission is to promote and encourage entrepreneurs, small businesses, and to make a positive impact into the lives of others. Want to get the inside scoop on Flight Fillow's journey to growth? Follow me on instagram - I am happy to share this exciting experience with you! @georgiamckinney
Meet Our Team
My name is Georgia and I am the Inventor and Founder of the Flight Fillow. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and have a full time day job in business. I spend my nights and weekends changing the way people travel (via Flight Fillow)!
When I’m not working, I’m either traveling the world, playing with my fur child named Tammy, or doing something new in efforts to grow as a person. Some of my favorite trips include Ireland, Spain, Greece, and Japan. My upcoming trips include DFW Texas, New Orleans, and Germany for Oktoberfest 2019!
This is Chris, he wears MANY hats when it comes to Flight Fillow! He reviews every Flight Fillow to ensure the highest quality, takes our product photos, helps to sew prototypes, is my go-to for second opinions and heading checks for big decisions, and is the best moral support!
Chris is a US Army veteran and grew up in Germany. He loves to travel the world, his favorite place to visit is Japan!
Another fun fact? He’s my boyfriend and favorite travel buddy
This is one of our amazingly talented sewing contractors - Marriah! 🌟
Marriah lives in Washington state with her 5 dogs, 2 kids, and husband who is a cop 👮 She has been sewing since 5th grade as a hobby which naturally developed into a cut and sew business
Marriah is filled with wanderlust and travels as often as possible! ✈️ We are SO fortunate to have Marriah on our team.
This is Brad - our super sharp Accountant! He knows all the ins and out of taxes and numbers making him an important part of the team (aka he keeps us out of trouble with the IRS, which is 🔑)
Brad spent 3 months living abroad in Panama and likes to go back to visit often. When he isn’t visiting Panama, he is living in downtown Chicago with his dog Romper 🐶
Fun Fact: Brad and I used to ride the school bus together in high school. Who knew we’d be working together all these years later?!
This is our intern - Ian. Although he’s only a junior in high school, he adds a lot of value to our team. Since I work a full time 9-5 gig, I am not available to take calls. This is where Ian comes in. He takes almost all the calls for us and also does a ton of research to help Flight Fillow grow! Have a question about PPC or SEO? Ian is your go to guy!
Ian has traveled all across the globe and loves to play video games. Another fun fact? He is my younger (but taller) brother
This is Jessica - she’s been overseeing the user experience and web design of Flight Fillow! Notice a change in the look or layout of our site? It’s likely a result of Jessica’s research and hard work!
Jessica loves to travel, sing, and attend concerts and musicals. When she travels she tries to get a workout in like hiking while sightseeing.