Many of us are itching to get back to our lives, and with summer just weeks away, are looking forward to traveling again? So, when you’re planning your next trip, whether it’s by car or plane, Taryn Scher is here with a few items to help you travel a little lighter.
- The Keebos crossbody phone necklace is a great accessory to help travelers keep their hands free while in transit or out sightseeing. This is also the perfect phone case for people enjoying time with the family -especially with kids- outdoors. Great for bike rides, hiking, camping, kayaking, or any other activity where you want to keep your hands free, yet have your phone easily accessible to capture that perfect picture. Keebos crossbody phone cases are available for iPhones or Samsung galaxy; $28.95 – www.keebos.com
- The Flpsde dual chamber water bottle not only helps you stay hydrated – it also stores snacks like nuts and granola or personal goods like cash/keys/id cards in the inner chamber. The Flpsde water bottle was created by an action sports athlete who recognized the need for a multitasking water bottle that could hold both drinks and snacks or keys. Best of all the inner chamber and caps are dishwasher safe. $35. – www.flpsde.com
- A backpack is a must have- whether you’re camping, going on a road trip or an airplane. The Classic Adventurist Backpack was named The Perfect Travel Backpack Under $100 by The Travel Channel. It fits perfectly underneath the seat of an airplane as a personal item, and is completely weather/water-resistant. It has padding front/back for increased protection for electronics, while fitting up to a 15″ laptop in the laptop sleeve. Best of all, for every backpack sold, they provide 25 meals to families in need across the U.S. In just 2 years, they have been able to provide over 130,000 meals to families in need across the country by partnering with Feed America. $65.
- How many times have you been packing for a trip and wanted to bring your pillow but didn’t have room to pack it or feel like lugging it around? Enter Flight Fillow. Flight Fillow turns any sweater or hoodie into a travel or traditional pillow, giving you all of the benefits without any of the hassle. It fits in your pocket, is easy to wash and adjusts to your own comfort. You simply roll up your hoodie or jacket and put it into the Flight Fillow to use as a neck pillow. Alternatively, you can tuck in the arms of the sweater/hoodie to use Flight Fillow as a traditional larger pillow. – www.flightfillow.com
- My Tag Alongs makes a few great products that are designed simply to remove the hassle from travel and packing. First up, packing pods: 3 zippered mesh cubes that are machine washable and make it easy to roll and store items to maximize luggage space. Next, a jewelry holder is a must if you want to travel without your favorite pieces getting tangled or worse yet- damaged. With 3 separate clear compartments, you can safely store items big and small and separately. Packing Pods, $38; Jewelry holder, $24; – https://mytagalongs.com/
- Spongellé Spongette travel loofas make traveling with some of your toiletry items easier than ever. They are body wash infused loofas designed for 5 uses- making them perfect for vacations or business trips. They won’t break or spill and are TSA approved carry on items. They also offer standard size Spongellé products which are designed for 14+ uses. $9 and up. https://spongelle.com/
- Who is ready for a beach getaway? Don’t leave home without these Sea Star Beachware shoes – they are neoprene espadrilles that double as water shoes. Designs for men, women, and kids, under $100. The neoprene is lightweight and dries in the sun in just 15 minutes. The protective sole is made with non-slip, non-skid rubber. They are SO cute you could literally pack 1 pair of shoes for your entire trip- these can go from beach to bars – SeaStarBeachwear.com
- Before we know it, the cold weather will be back- or maybe you’re heading up North where it just snowed last week. Packing a winter jacket is always tough because they take up so much room. But not these! 32 Degrees jackets feature the most technologically advanced fabrics to deliver all day comfort at a valued price. The men’s and women’s Packable Vests and Jackets are not only extremely warm but can be packed down into small pouches – www.32degrees.com