The Best Apps to Use to Find Places to Stay for Little to No Money When Traveling!
Micro-influencer, Mariana, has mastered traveling on a budget. In this interview, she shares her tips and tricks with us so you can explore the world without breaking the bank!
"If you have an adventurous mind you can really do a lot with very limited funds!"
- Tell us a bit about yourself and your blog/business
- My name is Mariana. I was born in Brazil and I've been living in the US for about 4 years.I started working as a micro influencer a few months ago and I'm loving it!
- I'm very good at traveling with very little money. I use Couchsurfing, Hostel World, Airbnb, and Priceline for places to stay. Google Flights and Southwest (favorite flight company) for flights. I also like to use other types of transportation like train, boat, bus, etc.
- If you have an adventurous mind you can really do a lot with very limited funds!
- What is your favorite travel app and why?
- Couch surfing - because you can basically travel anywhere in the world without having to pay for a place to stay. It makes travel possible for almost everyone!
- How do you find good deals for traveling?
- When I want to stay in a hotel I use Priceline, I've tried all websites out there and no one can beat their prices.
- What is a mistake that you have made from your travels/learning from?
- Not planning the activities ahead of time and trying to figure everything out when I got there. You lose so much time!
- How do you discover fun things to do in new places you travel to?
- I use TripAdvisor, Yelp and Meetup!
- Are there any travel hacks you have discovered, such as when is the best time to purchase flight tickets?
- If you learn how to properly use Google Flights you can find the best prices for flights anywhere in the world.
To stay in touch with Mariana and her travels - follow her on Instagram: @influencersandiego